So You're Writing a Christmas Song
Another name for a
Christmas song is, of course, "Statements of the
Obvious." Keeping that fact in mind, here are a few
suggestions for lyrics for your new song.
1. Christmastime is here.
2. Its Christmas again.
3. Christmas comes but once a year.
4. Christmas happens on December 25th.
5. Its Christmastime again.
6. Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
7. Christmastime is wonderful.
8. I wish I could be home at Christmas.
9. Many people like snow at Christmas.
10. Jesus is the reason for the season.
11. Children sing Christmas carols.
12. The lights are on the tree.
13. Everyone looks happy.
14. Jesus Christ was born on Christmas day.
15. Theres food on the table.
16. O-U-T spells out.
17. We want to wish you a merry Christmas.
18. There are presents under the tree.
19. The neighborhood houses are covered with lights.
20. Santa Claus is coming.
On the musical side, just
make sure you include bells. As long as you do that, it
doesnt matter what kind of music you do: classical,
pop, country, jazz, rap, whatever. Just add bells. A
woodblock that sounds like horses or reindeer will work
in addition to the bells.
Christmas is coming!